SMGraves & Worcshop create largest Business Incubator on East Coast
Worcshop is an Industrial Makerspace, newly relocated to 11 Hankey St. Rochdale, MA.
With over 52,000 sq. ft. of space, it is the largest makerspace east of the Mississippi.
With the addition of services by SMGraves Associates, it is also the only comprehensive incubator/makerspace combination of its kind.
For Immediate Release
SMGraves Associates, a central Mass based creative class development organization and The WorcShop, the largest makerspace on the eastern seaboard announce a partnership.
After initial success developing unique business incubator programming for parts of north central Massachusetts, SMG needed to pivot and adapt due to widespread effects of Covid-19.
“We saw an opportunity to expand into a bigger marketplace. I am absolutely pleased we are able to continue the important work of our leadership incubator program and our Business Triage Program for existing small business”, said SMG founder Scott Graves. “Bringing together the resources of The Worcshop and SMG into a full service makerspace and industrial business incubator will allow us to serve the creative class community of artisans, entrepreneurs and economic development professionals for decades to come.”
Several key components are being implemented as part of the partnership created with this relationship.
- The formation of a non-profit foundation focused on raising funds that will subsidize education programs for participants and incubator candidates.
- Development of residential and retail amenities on site for live/work economic development opportunity.
- Immediate incubation of three new businesses as part of SMG’s leadership candidates program.
Photo credits used with permission from www.truelifepics.com.
- Launch of new classes and seminars focused on building highly skilled business leaders.
- A complete listing of classes with ongoing updates can be found here: https://www.theworcshop.com/businessclasses.htm
- A comprehensive effort to build a no-waste offsetting community by processing, recycling, or repurposing all trash and waste products onsite by 2025.
“I’m very excited to work with our local and state government to create an advanced manufacturing facility that is ecologically sound, sustainable, and available to the community at large,” said WorcShop founder Randal Meraki. “Coupled with SMG’s resources, The WorcShop is the catalyst for local entrepreneurs to become industry leaders in the new Innovation Economy. The next best things will be invented and manufactured right here at home.”
**Worcshop recently received recognition for excellence from Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM) during their annual Manufacturing Awards held October 27, 2020.
All Media Inquiries
Scott M. Graves
Scott M. Graves is founder of SMGraves Associates and host of SMG’s ‘Are We Here Yet?’ Podcast. He is a founding member and former Executive Director of the Wachusett Business Incubator. The SMG team developed unique and powerful economic development tools including the Leadership Candidates Program and Business Triage. Both programs are availalbe through SMG’s new parternship with The Worcshop, the largest business incubator and industrial makerspace on the east coast.